Cuts demanded by Censor Board for Udta Punjab
Here’s the list of all the cuts demanded by Censor Board for Udta Punjab, after giving it an ‘A’ certification:
- Delete sign of Board of Punjab in the beginning.
- Delete Jalandhar, Chandigarh, Amritsar, Tarantaran, Jashanpura, Ambesar, Ludhiana and Molga from all background and dialogues.
- From song number 1,delete the words ‘Chiitave’ and ‘H*r*mi’ everywhere
- From song number 2 delete ‘tom di c*ck jevhe chitti chitti c*ck’ and ‘coke c*ck’ in the entire song.
- Delete – bh***c**d, c**d, t*tt*, chusa hua aam and others from everywhere including background where it occurs .
- Delete the word ‘election’, ‘MP’, ‘party’, ‘MLA’, ‘Punjab’ and ‘Parliament’.
- From song number 3 delete visuals of Sardar scratching/itching from song no three.
- Delete close-up shots of injecting drugs wherever it appears.
- Delete the shot of Tommy urinating in front of the crowd.
- Delete the line ‘Jamin Banzar te Aulad Kanjar’.
- Change the name of the dog from ‘Jackie Chan’.
- Change first disclaimer to an audio or video and read it as – ‘The film focuses on the rising menace of drugs and war against drugs and is an attempt to show ill-effects of drugs on today’s youth and the social fabric. We acknowledge the battle against drugs being fought by the government and the police. But this battle cannot be won unless the people of India unite against the menace.
- Second disclaimer of fiction to be increased according to audio/video.