5 Tips For Aspiring Bollywood Writers – Juhi Chaturvedi
Writer Juhi Chaturvedi best known for penning unique and memorable films like Vicky Donor and the recent hit, Piku, shares 5 tips that can surely help aspiring writers to hold it together in Bollywood.
- First of all, it is very important to have an idea. Once you have an idea, please get it registered.
- Second, I would say – Keep writing. Don’t wait for someone to come and tell you to write. How can you call yourself a writer if you don’t write? Don’t wait for the right idea to appear from nowhere. Just write.
- It’s extremely important for you to know yourself. Ask yourself what your comfort zone is. You will write best when it’s something that comes from within, from your experience and is a genre you are familiar with. Get that reality check in place.
- I have seen a lot of writers who meet everyone under the sun with their scripts. You should know whom you want to trust your idea or script with. Don’t get so desperate so as to let anyone make your film.
- Last but not the least, don’t over expose yourself to too much content. I know a lot of people who talk extensively about movies and television shows etc. They have seen everything and seem to know every detail about it. Watch good films and limited content. If you watch too much, you’ll end up writing what has been done before. You may just come up with something original if you limit your viewing. Everything you watch influences your writing in some way or the other. Its okay to have not watched everything.
I know you asked me for five, but I’d like to add one more thing here. Please go out and meet as many people as you can. The more you expose yourself to people, the more characters you will see. You never know when something would strike you and you’ll have your film penned down.