Only One month left for HAF’19 Project Submission!
HAF17 project submission will close on 31 October - only one month left!
The 17th Hong Kong – Asia Film Financing Forum (HAF17) is now recruiting fiction and documentary feature projects. Around 30 projects will be selected to participate in HAF next year (18-20 March 2019, Hong Kong) to enjoy the opportunity to discuss with various industry parties from around the world collaboration possibilities and to compete for various awards. Details of the submission requirements can be found here.
With a leading track record of bringing projects to completion, HAF has helped many projects achieve critical acclaim and box office success. Recent success includes –
- Ayka (WIP 2018, Russia | Germany | Poland | Kazakhstan | China), directed by Sergey Dvortsevoy, selected in the main competition of Cannes Film Festival 2018 and won the Best Actress.
- Manta Ray (HAF 2011, Thailand | France | China), directed by Phuttiphong Aroonpheng, won the Orizzonti Award for Best Film at the 75th Venice International Film Festival;
- Dying to Survive (HAF 2016, China), directed by Wen Muye, released in China 2018, with a China box-office gross of over RMB 3 billion;
- The Third Wife (HAF 2016 & WIP 2017, Vietnam), directed by Ash Mayfair, was selected in Toronto International Film Festival 2018 and Busan International Film Festival 2018;
- I’ve Got the Blues (WIP 2017, Hong Kong), directed by Angie Chen, was selected by Asian Network of Documentary, Asian Cinema Fund, Busan International Film Festival 2017