Ranjan Singh’s quick 5 to take your short to festivals
Film festivals are a great platform to showcase your film in front of a like-minded audience. But how does one take their short film to all those festivals out there? Here are some valuable tips to get your short, festival ready!
- Make a timeline of when the film will be ready, and mark out the festivals a month from that.
- Pick one big festival which you will begin your journey with. Some of the big ones ask for a premiere. So choose the one and post that send it others.
- Websites like withoutabox.com , filmfreeway.com etc. are of good help.
- Keep the link of the film/media kit with pics, profile, info etc. always ready on mail.
- Keep a budget aside for it, as it turns out to be quite a sum at the end of one year.
(Marketing Head, Phantom Films)