First Ever ‘Dalit Film and Cultural Festival’ | New York ~
Organized by members of the ‘Dr. Ambedkar International Mission’ and ‘U.S. Ambedkarite’ – an organization for Dalit associates in the United States, the Dalit Film and Cultural Festival is the first of it’s kind!
The festival will be held on 23rd and 24th February at Columbia University in New York.
To bring light to the plight of the Dalit community, the festival will host screenings of films that have either been made by members of the community, or contain a story-line with them as the focus. Out of 40 entries for the festival, 6 films and 6 documentaries will be showcased at the festival.
The following films have been selected for the same –
- ‘Masaan’ by Neeraj Ghaywan
- ‘Fandry’ by Nagraj Manjule
- ‘Kaala’ and ‘Perumal Pariyerum’ by PA Ranjith
- ‘Bole India Jai Bhim’ by Subodh Nagdive
- ‘Papilo Buddha’ by JK Cherian
- ‘Pistulya’ by Nagraj Manjula
- ‘Kakoos’ by Divya Bharathi
- ‘Dalan’ by Nabin Subba
- ‘We Have Not Come Here To Die’ by Dhanraj
- ‘Gandhi, Untouchable and Me’ by Rampilla Rao
- ‘The Battle of Bheema Koregaon’ by Somnath Wagmare