2nd Women’s Film Festival to begin this December
MWIFF is India’s Biggest Women’s Film Festival supported by Govt. of Maharashtra that explores the art of culture through cinema is coming up with its second edition.
MWIFF’s mission and vision focuses on two important aspects : Women Empowerment and Exchange of Art and Culture of India through the medium of Cinema, as movies are undoubtedly the strongest medium of art, if meant to show the things, situations, people and individuals as they ought to be, then they become the leading force of change in society and strengthens the values of individuality.
The festival comprises of 2 categories namely Competitive Category that includes Short Films, Documentary Films, and Feature Films and the Non- Competitive Category that includes World Cinebusters, World Panorama and World Premiere.
MWIFF has this year introduced a Social Campaign and film category, ‘City for Women’ – ‘City for Women’ is an initiative that has been taken to represent the bond and the connection that has established between the women and the city – Mumbai.
The list of Festival Jury members comprises of:
1. Director Nupur Asthana known for films like Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge, Bewakoofiyaan.
2. Writer & Director Devika Bhagat who has done commendable job in films like Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Bachna Ae Haseeno.
3. Writer Manisha Korde famous for films like Bhool Bhulaiya and Billu.
4. Writer Shibani Bhatija who has worked in My Name Is Khan, Fanaa.
5. Cinematographer Nirmal Jani who is known for his work in Border (1997), Zakhm (1998) and Dushman (1998).
The festival will go on from December 6 to December 13 2014.