45th IFFI calls for entries
The festival through a note recently announced schedule, categories, awards and regulations of the 45th International film festival of India.
IFFI is scheduled to take place in Goa, India between 20th – 30th November 2014.
Details for International competition: Films entered in the International Competition MUST fulfill the following conditions:
- Films must be fiction, feature length films not less than 70 minutes in duration in original language , soundtrack with English Subtitles. Films in English need not be subtitled.
- They must have been completed between 1st September 2013 and 31st August 2014. Eligibility will be determined by the declaration made by the entrant in the film entry form. For International films where no proof is available, the date of the first theatrical screening will be considered as completion date.
- Except for Indian films, the entries in this section should not have been released/ shown in India or presented in any other Indian Film Festivals before. Upto three Indian film entries in International Competition will be identified by the IFFI Film Preview & Recommendation Committee from the films for Indian Panorama 2014.
- In the case of co-productions, at least one of the producers/production companies must have the right to sanction participation of the film in International Competition and also sanction the authority to receive awards, if the film wins any.
- Entrants must agree that if their film/films win any of the Golden and/or Silver Peacock Awards, all screenings thereafter will acknowledge the Award(s) on the film itself.
- Films for International Competition will be selected by the IFFI Secretariat following the recommendations of the Film Preview Committee constituted by the Director IFFI. The recommendations of the Committee and the selections made by the IFFI Secretariat will be considered as final and non-appealable. The festival holds the right to consider the films that are not accepted for the International Competition as entries for the ‘Cinema of the World’ Section. However, consent of the entrant shall be sought before selection and inclusion in the festival programme.
- The competition will be held subject to the acceptance of a maximum of eighteen eligible films from different Continents/Countries. If selected for the International Competition, the entrant/s – must provide a 35mm print or a DCP with EST for festival screenings – must agree that in case of winning an award they will provide the festival with a DVD/ Blue ray copy of the film for archival purposes.
- The Jury for the International Competition will consist of a Chairman and not less than two and not more than four other members, of which one member will be from India.
- The decisions of the jury will be taken by a simple majority of the members present and voting. The jury can evolve its own rules for assessment of the entries. The Director – IFFI and/or his representative can attend the jury deliberations, but shall neither participate nor vote.
- No person in any way connected with the production or commercial exploitation of a competitive entry will be a member of the jury. All members of the jury will refrain from releasing any articles or reviews to the press concerning the film submitted for their judgement until after jury’s decision have been formally announced at the closing function.
- Films in the official programme shall not be withdrawn from the festival programme before or during the event.
Non- Competition (Cinema of the World)
- Films must be fiction, feature length films not less than 70 minutes in duration in original language soundtrack with English Subtitles. Films in English need not be subtitled.
- They must have been completed after 1st January 2013.
- If selected for the Cinema of the World Section, the entrant/s must provide a 35mm print or a DCP with EST and optical sound track or originally shot on a digital format for festival screenings.
- Films that have been presented in earlier editions of International Film Festival of India, or already screened in India, will be excluded, unless previously agreed to by the Director – IFFI, in exceptional cases.
The deadline for receiving applications and preview material: 31 August 2014.
You can get complete details here