7 key tips for Musicians before choosing a film
If you are a new or up – and – coming Music Director, there are some key tips that you must keep in mind when picking up a movie to create music for. If you are a newcomer, with less money in your pocket, then there is hardly any choice. But after a period of time there are certain things one can look at before saying yes to composing the music for a film.
1. Of course, the story.
2. Who will I be working with, i.e, the Director.
3. Where is the story from? I need to be aware of the origin so I can study its sound and music.
4. Is the director/producer open to experimenting with the sound or not?
5. Are the people I’m working with compatible enough to go along with my decisions in music? The compatibility is an extremely crucial factor.
6. The time factor, considering the prevalent ‘abhi chahiye’ attitude these days.
7. The financial matter.