Call For Entries: National Youth Festival’s, Short Film Competition
The short film competition is being organized on theme the “Sankalp Se Siddhi” – What can I do for a New India?
National Youth Festival, organized by Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS) on behalf of Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, is an annual gathering of youth with various competitive activities to celebrate the birth anniversary of youth icon Swami Vivekanand. This year the festival will be held in Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida from January 12-16, 2018.
Apart from other activities, a short film competition is being organized on theme the “Sankalp Se Siddhi” – What can I do for a New India?, which is open for all Indian Citizens.
Short Film Competition Regulations
- To the best of the applicant’s knowledge, all of the statements below must be accurate.
2. This short film competition is a part of National Youth Festival, January 12-16, 2018, Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh, being organized by the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, in association with NYKS, Government of India.
3. The applicant is duly authorized, on his/her behalf and on the behalf of any person or entity that has ownership rights in the work, to submit to the competition and the applicant declares that this submission is not in violation of any law nor violates any right of said person or entity or that of any third party in any manner whatsoever.
4. The National Youth Festival and the organizers, its officials, as well as any of its fiscal sponsors and affiliated entities is not responsible, for any damage to, or loss of, any materials submitted by the applicant, whether that damage occurs en route to or from the Festival or during the course of the Festival’s possession, any loss caused to the film material or otherwise, in or during the Festival or of said materials.
5. Read the guidelines and rules and regulation for applying for Short Film Competition.
- Entries open only for short film with duration of not more than 2 min (120 secs). All works must be 2 minutes or less in length, including titles and credits. Any film exceeding this limit will not be considered.
2. Submission deadline for the receipt of entry forms and film screener is January 10, 2018.
3. No entry fee for submissions.
Terms and Conditions
- Open to all Indian Nationals.
2. The films should be on the theme “Sankalp Se Siddhi” – What can I do for a New India?. It is expected that the contents of the films would be suitable for universal viewing.
3. Entries open only for short film with duration of not more than 2 min (120 secs). To be shot in HD format. The deadline for submission will be January 10, 2018.
4. The films can be made in any of the 22 official Indian languages and must be subtitled in English.
5. A jury will shortlist and award the top ten films with Rs. 25,000 each.
6. Application form must be submitted ONLINE only. You will receive a confirmation copy of your application form by email.
7. Applicants must send a signed hard copy of application form along with the screener (DVD/USB Drive only) to the address given below. Submission will not be considered complete without the receipt of a signed, hard copy application form.
8. The applicant should ensure that the address / email shared in the application is correct as it may be used by organizers for communication.
9.The applicants must certify that they have the right to participate in this Competition with regard to parties connected with the production / distribution of the participating film and / or other right holders/licenses.
10. The organizers reserve the right to use materials received or their part for advertising purposes and for promoting the National Youth Festival.
11. If a film has not been selected, the organizers will inform the applicant by email. The organizers will not in any way whatsoever provide any justification and / or comments regarding the reasons for non-selection of a film.
12. Furthermore, the applicant undertakes to indemnify the organizers against all liabilities, claims, demands, actions, costs, damages or loss arising out of the submission, acceptance and/or screening of the film and/or use or non-use of the material.
Also Read: Call For Entries: IFFSA Toronto 2018