Call for Entry: HumaraMovie and PVR Cinemas Short Film Competition
HumaraMovie, in association with PVR Cinemas, has announced a Short Film Competition. The winner will receive a cash prize of INR 1 lakh while selected participants will have their films screened in PVR as well as on HumaraMovie platforms.
The competition is open to filmmakers across India. They will be guided through every step and have access to a script consultant, as well as guides for production and editing. Participants will also have access to filmmakers such as Vikas Bahl, Vikramaditya Motwane, Anand Gandhi and Imtiaz Ali as mentors.
- Filmmakers should submit an already existing film, along with a short 150 word bio about themselves.
- On the basis of the bio and the submitted film a preliminary shortlist will be made.
- The shortlisted candidates will be given a topic on which they have to submit screenplays.
- Based on the screenplays, further shortlisted candidates will then have to make the short film.
- There is no restriction on the genre of the film.
- The duration of the short film should not exceed 15 minutes inclusive of opening and end credits.
- The contestants will be guided at every stage and will have access to script analysts as well as a mentor.
- The final films that the contestants submit will be screened at PVR (post going through a DCP and censor).
- The screenings will be open for all and the winners will be decided by audience vote.
The last date for submissions is May 1, 2014.
For those who have uploaded their previous on other sites (e.g. Vimeo / YouTube)
- Download the soft copy of the form available here.
- Fill out the details
- Mail the form along with a link for your work.
- You will receive a confirmation mail if the link is working
For those who have not uploaded their previous work anywhere.
- Click here.
- Fill out the form.
- Upload the video.
- You will receive a confirmation mail once the upload is processed.
- 1 May: Submissions Close
- 5 May: Shortlisted Films announced. Topic given to filmmakers on which they have to submit screenplays
- 10 May: Last day to submit screenplays on the given topic.
- 15 May: The shortlisted screenplays will be announced. The film makers will be given access to a script consultants and mentors to work on their script
- 31 May: Final Date for submission of the films
- 1 June: Digital Mastering and Censor certification for all films
- 1 July- 7 July : Screening of the completed short films in PVR
- 8 July: Declaration of winning movie
For more details, contact Abhishek Gautam on firstname.lastname@example.org or +91 9819540316.