Good Pitch² India announces selected films
Good Pitch² India has announced the six documentary films that will be presented at the inaugural event to be launched at the Mumbai International Film Festival for Documentary, Short and Animation Films (MIFF) in February 2014.
Good Pitch² is a documentary pitching forum organised by Indian Documentary Foundation in partnership with Films Division, Govt of India and Kerala State Chalchitra Academy supported by BRITDOC Foundation and Arambhan group.
Good Pitch² is a project of The BRITDOC Foundation in partnership with The Sundance Institute Documentary Film Program, supported by the Ford Foundation.
Good Pitch brings together documentary filmmakers with foundations, NGOs, campaigners, philanthropists, policy makers, brands and media around leading social and environmental issues to forge coalitions and campaigns that are good for the films and good for society.
The selected projects are:
• Border within Border directed by Debanjan Sengupta and Subhadeep Ghosh (India)
• Fireflies in the Abyss directed by Chandrasekhar Reddy (India)
• We the People directed by Soniya Kirpalani (UAE/India)
• Love Commandos directed by Miriam Lyons (UK)
• Rooting for Roona directed by Pavitra Chalam(India)
• Driving with Selvi directed by Elisa Paloschi (Canada)
The filmmakers will work with the GoodPitch team in workshops in October and February.