NFDC Film Bazaar Screenwriters’ & Children’s Screenwriters’ Lab 2016
The National Film Development Corporation of India (NFDC) is calling for entries for its Film Bazaar Screenwriters’ Lab programme. There are two sections of the lab: Screenwriters’ Lab 2016 & Children’s Screenwriters’ Lab 2016.
Introduced in 2015, the Children’s Screenwriters’ Lab is the latest addition to the spectrum of labs organised by NFDC.
Participants selected for this annual lab get the opportunity to evolve their stories – of and for children – under the mentorship of eminent writers from India and abroad. The lab culminates in Film Bazaar, Goa where participants have the opportunity to pitch their projects to prospective producers and investors.
Films that have been a part of NFDC’s Screenwriting Lab in the past years have been critically acclaimed worldwide as well as in India. Among the films to come out of Film Bazaar’s screenwriting labs are Ritesh Batra’s acclaimed debut film The Lunchbox, which premiered at the Cannes Critics Week in 2013, Kanu Behl’s debut feature Titli, which premiered in the ‘Un Certain Regard’ section at Cannes in 2014, Gyan Correa’s The Good Road, which won the National Award and was selected as India’s entry to the Oscars and Sharat Katariya’s light-hearted debut film Dum Laga Ke Haisha produced by Yash Raj Films.
• Open to full‐length fiction screenplays of any genre
• Open only to Indian passport holders
• Logline (<30 words)
• Updated Bio (500 words)
• Writer’s Statement (500 words)
• Story synopsis (3000‐5000 words)
• Payment details
Second Stage [Only for shortlisted applicants]:
• Complete screenplays
• Detailed Step Outline
Starting 2016, the Screenwriters’ Lab will be held in three parts. (Please note that these dates are tentative and therefore subject to change)
• 15 ‐ 21 August, 2016 ‐ at Sarajevo in collaboration with the Sarajevo International Film Festival
• 9 ‐ 13 September, 2016 ‐ in Mumbai
• 16 ‐ 19 November, 2016 ‐ at Goa in collaboration with Film Bazaar
Deadline & Fee
• INR 5000 for applications submitted on or before the Regular Deadline, 29 Feb 2016 (6 PM IST)
• INR 7000 for applications submitted after the Regular Deadline till 15 March 2016 (6 PM IST)
For more information and contact details log onto http://filmbazaarindia.com