Richa Chadha’s big six fix for aspiring actors
You aspire to be an actor. You know you’ll make it big one day. Here’s a quick guide to help you hold it together while you’re waiting for that big break in Bollywood.
- The first thing to do is to realize that no one owes you anything. You have to do it yourself.
- For every five good films that you do, there will be one star kid who’ll get a mammoth launch. Don’t worry too much about it. It is not a level game. That is not your competition.
- Keep the craft alive. Remember why you became an actor, what was it that drew you towards it and why you still want to act.
- Just keep going every single day. There’s nothing better than that.
- The struggles will only get harder. Sure some things get easy. You may buy your own vegetables today. When you make money, your maid will buy them. You can delegate work but you’ll have more to do. The trouble is different at every stage.
- Remember that work is a part of life. It is not life.