Telluride Film Festival Line up Unveiled
Telluride Film Festival, presented by the National Film Preserve, announced its official program selections for the 40th anniversary edition of Telluride Film Festival. TFF’s annual celebration of artistic excellence brings together, cinema enthusiasts, filmmakers and artists to discover the best in world cinema in the beautiful mountain town of Telluride, Colorado. TFF will screen more than 100 feature films, short films and revivals representing twenty-five countries, along with special artist Tributes, Conversations, Panels, Education Programs and Festivities.
In honor of its 40th anniversary, the usual four-day Telluride Film Festival has an additional day of programming and is hence going to open on August 29 and continue till September 2, 2013.
The past 40 years have seen Telluride Film Festival mixing highly anticipated award hopefuls with the films of talented emerging filmmakers and auteurs from around the globe. First-time filmmakers discovered at TFF include Terry Zwigoff, Jim Jarmusch, Billy Bob Thornton, Robert Rodriguez, Michael Moore, Doug Liman, Jon Favreau, Andrea Arnold, Lodge Kerrigan, Robert Luketic and Sarah Gavron. In addition, TFF has previewed numerous films that have generated wins at the Oscars® in recent years, including Fog of War, Broke-Back Mountain, The Lives of others, Babel, The Last King of Scotland, Juno, Slumdog Millionaire, Up in the air, The King’s Speech, Black Swan, A Separation, The Artist, The Descendants and Argo.
Following are the features line-up for the program ‘The Show’ at the 40th Telluride Film Festival. Ritesh Batra’s Lunchbox is the film that represents a new feature from the Indian contingent in the festival.
· ALL IS LOST (d. J.C. Chandor, U.S., 2013)
· BEFORE THE WINTER CHILL (d. Philippe Claudel, France, 2013)
· BETHLEHEM (d. Yuval Adler, Israel, 2013)
· BLUE IS THE WARMEST COLOR (d. Abdellatif Kechiche, France, 2013)
· BURNING BUSH (d. Agnieszka Holland, Czech Republic, 2013)
· DEATH ROW: BLAINE MILAM + ROBERT FRATTA (d. Werner Herzog, U.S., 2013)
· FIFI HOWLS FROM HAPPINESS (d. Mitra Farahani, U.S., 2013)
· THE GALAPAGOS AFFAIR: SATAN CAME TO EDEN (d. Dan Geller, Dayna Goldfine, U.S., 2013)
· GLORIA (d. Sebastián Lelio, Chile, 2013)
· GRAVITY (d. Alfonso Cuarón, U.S./U.K., 2013)
· IDA (d. Pawel Pawlikowski, Poland, 2013)
· INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS (d. Joel and Ethan Coen, U.S., 2013)
· THE INVISIBLE WOMAN (d. Ralph Fiennes, U.K., 2013)
· LABOR DAY (d. Jason Reitman, U.S., 2013)
· THE LUNCHBOX (d. Ritesh Batra, India, 2013)
· LA MAISON DE LA RADIO (d. Nicolas Philibert, France, 2013)
· MANUSCRIPTS DON’T BURN (d. Mohammad Rasoulof, Iran, 2013)
· THE MISSING PICTURE (d. Rithy Panh, Cambodia/France, 2013)
· NEBRASKA (d. Alexander Payne, U.S., 2013)
· PALO ALTO (d. Gia Coppola, U.S., 2013)
· THE PAST (d. Asghar Farhadi, France/Italy, 2013)
· SLOW FOOD STORY (d. Stefano Sardo, Italy, 2013)
· STARRED UP (d. David Mackenzie, U.K., 2013)
· TIM’S VERMEER (d. Teller, U.S., 2013)
· TRACKS (d. John Curran, Australia, 2013)
· UNDER THE SKIN (d. Jonathan Glazer, U.K., 2013)
· THE UNKNOWN KNOWN (d. Errol Morris, U.S., 2013)